Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra
RPO Osborne Village
Bourbon Street Parade
Sunday, October 21, 2018
2:00 and 7:30 pm
Winnipeg Art Gallery, (300 Memorial Boulevard)
Within the confines of Congo Square, on the outskirts of the French Quarter,
jazz was born. A celebration of music and a melting pot of cultural influence,
jazz soon spread throughout Crescent City. Percussive counter-melodies,
raucous glissandi, and joyous growls from a tailgate trombone were often
the harbinger of an incoming parade. And in the bayou, parades are plentiful! Trombonist and Winnipeg expatriate Chris Butcher and trombonist
Al Kay from Humber College in Toronto join the WJO for our season opener.
Enjoy the Benefits of Being a Season Subscriber:
- Up to 15% savings over single ticket prices.
- Free ticket exchange privileges within a concert. Can’t make the 2 p.m. show? Catch the evening show instead.
- Unable to attend a concert? Donate your tickets at least 24 hours before the concert and receive a tax receipt!
- 10% subscriber discount on single tickets; bring your friends to a concert and save! (tickets must be purchased via the box office).
- Up to $15 off the purchase of a McNally Robinson Reader Reward Card or $10 off the renewal price.
- E-mail updates about WJO concerts and special events.