Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra
RPO Osborne Village
Born to be Blue -
The Music of Chet Baker
with David Braid, composer
and David Lawton, trumpet
Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 2:00 and 7:30 pm
Winnipeg Art Gallery, (300 Memorial Boulevard)
Chet Baker was the poster boy for cool jazz. His melancholy delivery of a lyric and understated trumpet rocketed the troubled musician to stardom. Robert Budreau's 2015 film Born to Be Blue explores the tragic rise and fall of Baker with a stellar soundtrack composed by David Braid, who joins the WJO to perform music made famous by the cool jazz superstar.
Guest Artist Sponsor Wawanesa
Volunteer with us!
We have a few spots for volunteers at the WJO and would love for you to join our crew of dedicated and hardworking jazz lovers. If you are passionate about helping big band jazz thrive in Manitoba, contact us through the form below or send an email to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Enjoy the Benefits of Being a Season Subscriber:
- Up to 15% savings over single ticket prices.
- Free ticket exchange privileges within a concert. Can’t make the 2 p.m. show? Catch the evening show instead.
- Unable to attend a concert? Donate your tickets at least 24 hours before the concert and receive a tax receipt!
- 10% subscriber discount on single tickets; bring your friends to a concert and save! (tickets must be purchased via the box office).
- Receive a MusicNet card entitling you to two tickets for the price of one to concerts by eleven outstanding music organizations in Winnipeg.
- Up to $15 off the purchase of a McNally Robinson Reader Reward Card or $10 off the renewal price.
- E-mail updates about WJO concerts and special events.